Loving, Dying, and Letting Go Teacher Training
May ~ July 2020
In-person training module June 12-14 in Lowell, Michigan
*Applications are being accepted now through April 30, 2020.
**The next Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss Teacher Training is slated for summer 2021.**
Who should apply?
- Are familiar with, and deeply resonate with, insights/reflections shared in Amy’s books/teachings
- Feel called to the work of bringing more compassion and mindfulness to birth/death & have a background personally and/or professionally that informs them on these topics
- Have a background in teaching and/or public speaking — communicates effectively and can effectively facilitate group discussions on difficult topics
- Looking to partner with an innovative and creative organization to bring quality in-person workshops/trainings to their communities (or travel to share with our larger national/international community)
The Teacher Training is three months long and includes the following:
*20-hours of partner/group and webinars presented live and online spaced over May, June, and July ~ recordings are made available to participants
*One 15-hour in-person weekend intensive module ~ occurring over the weekend of June 12-14 in Lowell, Michigan
* 20-hours of independent study spaced over May, June, and July including reading, writing, and practice teaching
*The focus of each training is to equip individuals with both the knowledge needed to teach and the skillful means of crafting transformative and inspiring Loving, Dying, and Letting Go workshops
*Individuals graduate with a 55-hour certificate of completion formally authorizing them to teach in-person workshops with the support of the Institute ~ inspiring lives, easing suffering, and supplementing their income along the way
*Tuition for each training is $2,000 USD.
*Members of the Institute, INELDA, or the NHFA receive a 25% discount
*People of color and scholarships for those working in underserved communities are $1,000. In addition to this discount, due to a generous anonymous donation, ten $500 scholarships are available to People of Color applying for this training and/or the 2021 Holding Space for Pregnancy Loss training with the express goal of increasing the diversity of leaders/teachers in these fields of study. Contact Amy for more info.
*In order to make these trainings more affordable across the economic spectrum, individuals can set up interest-free payment plans.
*Individuals are responsible for their own meals, lodging, transportation to/from the in-person training.
* Three books are central to this Teacher Training. They are:
Amy has a wonderful ‘humanness’ that allows her to connect with her audience in a way that is both comforting and useful. ~Bob Mattingly, Executive Director, Center for Spirituality and Ethical Education
I would recommend Amy’s classes to anyone wishing to take an authentic and comprehensive exploration with a true cultural pioneer. ~ Sally Hunt, midwife, Australia
Amy thoughtfully and lovingly teaches and sheds light in a place that is usually associated with so much darkness. She teaches with great courage… I feel very grateful for her work. ~ Nikki Echabarne, birth and postpartum doula, California